Meeting with an accident is the most horrible incident to happen to any person. Apart from the serious physical damage it also causes a huge financial burden on the family in the form of hospital bills and the risk of loss of income for a few months until the person recovers and resumes work. Opting for a personal accident insurance helps the person to deal with such emergencies without the additional financial burden. If you are planning to get personal accident insurance in Malaysia search for a product that covers all accidents including natural disasters, drowning, motor accidents, fractures, burns and elocution. This extended cover helps you to feel safe under any unpredictable circumstances.
A personal accident insurance helps you to move forward in life without the worries of what will happen in future. You can pursue your hobbies and interests without the fear of injuries and the burdens associated with them. The policy can be taken by any person between the ages of 18 to 85 years. Most of the policies give you coverage anywhere in the world. A personal accident insurance generally covers medical expenses, temporary total disablement and temporary partial disablement, permanent disablement due to accidents, corrective surgery, accidental death and funeral expenses. It comes in handy to pay the expense hospital bills incurred at the time of accidents.
The process of buying an insurance policy is very simple. You can fill up the forms online or consult any agents who deal with insurance products. There are many online sites which help you to compare the various insurance products offered by different companies and get personal accident insurance in Malaysia. Buying an insurance policy online is easy and also attractive as it costs less. The premiums of term insurance policies online are very low when compared to that offered by the agents. You can either opt for a personal insurance policy or take a group insurance policy for your entire family so that you are protected 24 hours in a day, no matter where you are in the world.
There are some important tips to remember while buying an insurance product
- Always read all the terms and conditions of the policy. Observe all the occupational exclusions and other injuries not covered by the policy. If you skip to do this the company may refuse to pay your claims citing the exclusions.
- Always select a policy with the suitable coverage to meet your requirements. There is no use of selecting a policy with low cover when it falls short of the requirements which will lead to financial burden on your family.
- Disclose all the important information about your health, job, earning and other policies you already hold while filling the application forms to buy insurance covers. Any discrepancies in the information will result in your claim being dishonoured by the company.
- Always nominate a beneficiary to receive the benefits of the policy in case of accidental death. And inform the nominee about the policy.
- Go through the list of hospitals that accept the insurance cover of the company. Always pick an insurance company which is accepted by a majority of good hospitals.
Buying a personal accident insurance policy offers financial security when the policy holder meets with unexpected accidents. It helps to pay the huge hospital and medical bills and also to cover the loss of income during the recovery period. Always read all the terms and conditions of the policy before signing and disclose all the correct information to the insurance company regarding your age, occupation and health conditions. Compare the different products offered by various companies and select a policy which offers suitable coverage to meet your requirements.