The gray hair is the hair that turns white due to a change in the functioning of the pigmentation of our hair. Normally, this type of capillary mutation usually appears after the age of 30 due to the passing of years, being a symptom of old age. However, at other times, it can appear in very young people prematurely for other reasons that have nothing to do with getting older.
The gray hairs usually appear on the hair, but they can also appear on other areas of our body where hairs were previously, such as, for example, the beard and / or eyebrows, among other areas. If you ask yourself, “why do you have gray hair on your beard?
At what age do you begin to grow gray hair on your beard?
The most common reason for the appearance of gray hair, whether in the beard, eyebrows or other areas of body hair, is due to physiological issues such as old age and the passage of time. After age 35, approximately, we begin to have this discoloration in our hair.
Canice is caused by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide in the hair fibers, which is caused by the wear of the hair follicles of our hair. Consequently, the excess of this bleaching substance ends up blocking the synthesis of another substance called melanin, which is responsible for the pigmentation of both our hair and our skin.
We say that age is the main reason for gray hair because, when our body begins to age, begins to produce more and more hydrogen peroxide and decrease the production of enzymes, called tyrosine’s, responsible for originating melanin.
Therefore, the canicie is a natural and inevitable process since it is one of the symptoms of old age. First, it begins to appear in regions such as the temples, then the crown until reaching the entire head. Finally, when the canice is in an advanced state, it ends up reaching other areas of the body such as the beard, armpits, eyebrows, chest and genital areas.
Why gray hair grows at an early age
As we have indicated, the gray color is a natural consequence of the passage of years in our organism. However, if you have not yet reached 30 years and your first gray hairs have appeared on your beard, you can consider it a premature canice . Next, we explain the different reasons why premature gray hairs have grown on your beard:
- Stress: when the body releases these hormones to be in a state of intense and prolonged tension, these substances can end up blocking the functioning of the enzymes responsible for producing melanin and, instead, deposit more hydrogen peroxide.
- Vitamin deficiency: the appearance of premature graying may be caused by a diet low in vitamins such as B1 and B2, and minerals such as iron, copper, zinc and silica. These nutrients have properties for the health of hair and skin, among them, they favor the production of melanin.
- Genetic inheritance: when you have a family history of gray hair, there is a greater chance that you will develop premature gray hair.
- People with vitiligo: it is a syndrome that alters the pigmentary processes of the skin, characterized by the appearance of white spots on the skin. These people may present, at times, white wicks or even bleached eyebrows and eyelashes due to this disorder.
If you have premature gray hairs on your beard or other part of your body, you can choose to dye gray hair at home.
Home remedies to eliminate gray hair in the beard
There are some ways to reduce the gray hairs naturally, as well as other areas of our body. Here are some tips you should keep in mind if you do not want more white hair to come out:
- Rest 8 hours a day: it may seem complicated by the pace of life today, but try to do it. Lack of sleep is a stressor that could accelerate our old age.
- Take foods rich in vitamin B: such as dairy or vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and watercress. This nutrient helps to transport melanin correctly through the scalp.
- Diet rich in other vitamins and minerals: this is also very important. Nuts, fruits, fish such as salmon and vegetables are foods that you should start to include in your weekly menu to avoid premature canities.
- Trim your beard every month: this way, the hair regenerates in a healthy way and transports through the follicles the natural oils that our body produces in a simpler way.
- Apply on your beard balms and anti-aging treatments: this type of products are rich in proteins, which protect the strands of harmful external agents and reduces the dryness of the hair.
Now that you know why you have gray hair on your beard
If you want to read more articles like why do gray hair on the beard – find out here, we recommend you enter our category of Beauty.
Article Source: Tape Daily